One can never have too many raw cheesecake treat recipes up their sleeve, right?! This Raw Berry Cheesecake is right up the top of some of my favs (this, this and definitely this). It’s not too rich, has plenty of berry flavour and that dark chocolate topping just finishes it off perfectly.
You could totally make this with just one type of berry too! But let’s just say some of us have trouble deciding and wanted ALL the berries in it. Plus it’s such a pretty colour when you have a mixture of berries – I used blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
I’ve done two topping options – I love the Dark Chocolate Topping, but if you want to keep this strictly raw, then go with the Raw Chocolate Drizzle.
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 6 organic medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1¾ cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 50ml rice malt syrup
- 250g fresh or frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 5 tbsp melted organic coconut oil
- Dark Chocolate Topping
- 150g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- Raw Chocolate Drizzle
- 4 tbsp organic coconut oil, room temperature
- ⅓ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with enough baking paper to overlap two sides of the pan.
- To make the base, place the coconut oil, dates, almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and whiz to a coarse paste. Press firmly and evenly into the prepared pan, then transfer to the freezer to firm up.
- For the cheesecake filling, place the coconut oil, rice malt or coconut syrup, coconut yoghurt, mixed berries and cashews in a clean high-speed blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Spread the mixture evenly over the chilled base, then return to the freezer to firm up.
- For the Dark Chocolate Topping – simply melt the chocolate and coconut butter and stir until smooth.
- For the Raw Chocolate Drizzle – place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth (working with the coconut oil at a softened consistency is best, but melt it first if you have to).
- Once the cheesecake is set, use a hot knife (dip into boiling water and dry with a tea towel in between slices), cut into 16 squares. You can use either chocolate topping option as a drizzle or go all-out and cover the whole top!
- Keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.